“We will not give up. We will continue going into the darkness, rescuing and restoring young women and precious children-one life at a time” –Shared Hope International http://www.sharedhope.org/Home.aspx
- Founded by Linda Smith in 1998
- Non-profit organization
- Administration, development, and Women’s Investment Network fun from Vancouver, Washington
- Domestic and international programs and public relations efforts run from Washington D.C.
- Fights sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation
- 3 pronged strategy 1)prevent 2)rescue 3)restore
- Works around the world partnering with local groups to help women and children by providing them shelter, healthcare, education, and vocational training opportunities
- Long-term restoration of women and children who have been victims
- Homes of Hope in India, Fiji, Nepal, and Jamaica. Provide a safe place for victims to live with no time limit.
- Fighting the demand for sex slaves
- DEMAND a video exposing sex tourism and the plight of trafficked victims